FAME II has been started but many OEM and battery pack manufacturers are having doubt about their battery pack fall under localized component or not.
Good news for OEM that the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises has released a revised list of parts which are to be indigenized under the Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP) which falls under the phase II of Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid) and Electric Vehicles in India (FAME II) program.
- A – With effect from April 1, 2019
- A* – With effect from July 1, 2019
- B – With effect from October 1, 2019
- C – With effect from April 1, 2019
- D – With effect from October 1, 2019
- E – With effect from April 1, 2019
For traction battery pack following important points to be noted for FAME subsidy
1. Traction battery pack to be assembled locally.
2. The battery cell and associated thermal and battery management system may be imported
This will definitely boost up the local manufacturing of battery pack and will create employment in battery manufacturing.